This is my learning log for the OCA Ditigal Photographic Practice course

Friday 29 March 2013

Project – Linear capture


Exercise 1 Sensor linear capture: Objective – to demonstrate the difference in the way that a digital sensor captures light information compared to the eye or film.
Using CaptureNX2, I converted this file to from RAW to a 16bit TIFF using  the save options dialogue box:
image
I applied the curve to the histogram and saved the image:
image
Here are the two histograms from the saved images demonstrating the difference between the processed and unprocessed image:
Unprocessed image Processed image
image image
Following on, I have applied an adjustment curve to the linear image to bring it back roughly to the processed file and it can be seen that the curve is the reverse of the adjustment I made to the tiff image. This exercise has also made clearer how to interpret and use the information provided by the curves histogram.
image

No comments:

Post a Comment